[thelist] Images Not Showing Up -- Is My Client Crazy??

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 12:10:46 CDT 2001

He's not crazy, just impatient (as most web users are).
When I go to the page on a T1 line in IE 5.0, it gets stuck
downloading the images for the logo and the lefthand navigation.
It's been over a minute and the bottom of the screen still reads "19
items remainining...."  Once the images are loaded into the browser,
going from page to page is not a problem.  I'm not the authority on
this, but you may need to preload or optimize your images?
HTH-

--- Rachell Coe <rachell at coeville.com> wrote:
> Hi Evolters!
>
> I have a client who says that when he clicks from page to page on
> his site,
> images aren't showing up (mainly the logo and the navigation on the
> left)
> and the navigation links aren't working.  I have gone over his site
> many
> times, and the coding and images are correct.  I even ran it
> through
> several link checkers and the reports have been that there are 0
> broken
> links.  The client is really starting to breath down my neck about
> this,
> and I don't know what to tell him.
>
> Could some of you please check the site out
> (http://www.jhspro.com/) to see
> if any of you experience the same problems?  What could the problem
>
> possibly be?
>
> I'll appreciate any help you can give me on this!
>
> TIA!!!!!
>
> Thank you!
>
> Rachell Coe

=====