[thelist] Site redirect check : old browser

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 6 16:55:00 CDT 2001

ron,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: ron_senykoff at beaerospace.com
:
: How about using a frameset where javascript
: determines what gets loaded into the main
: frame... then the frameset can have a <noframes>
: section that's also a text-only version of the
: homepage... ??
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

um, yuck?!?

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Just curious... because currently the few
: installations of WebSphere that I've seen
: are using a JavaScript redirect to change
: the homepage over to a .d2w file.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wow, that's rather shortsighted.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: This seems wrong though, cause I'm sure you
: could configure IBM HTTP Server (Apache) to
: load the other file as default...

yup, just make sure that the .d2w file is higher in the list of files to
display when a directory is requested than index.htm, index.html, etc.

.jeff

http://evolt.org/
jeff at members.evolt.org
http://members.evolt.org/jeff/