[thelist] tutorials for html email

Lisa Frost lisa at koolfish.com
Thu Jun 7 07:04:32 CDT 2001

I don't want to start the thread again about the evils of html email. We
know that already. But my client wants one. He is a property agent and wants
to be able to send an email that looks like a web page. I have searched the
archives and done searches on google. I can't find a tutorial that tells you
how to do it. I am using MS Outlook. I have set my format to send mail as
HTML and not plain text. When I take my HTML code from the web page I have
made and paste it into the new mail all it does is show the code. What am I
missing?

If you have any good links to how to code and set up a html email I would be
grateful.
I looked at webmonkey but that didn't tell you much apart from changing your
header from plain to html.

When I search I am using the keywords html+mail. Am I using the wrong
keywords? All I get are pages on how to change the colour or font. I don't
want that I want to be able to display a table with backgrounds and pictures
etc just like a web page.

Thanks for any advice.

Lisa.