[thelist] When should you redirect? (was site redirect check)

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Mon Jun 11 04:56:56 CDT 2001

Phillipe,

How?  once you have hit the page, its too late isn't it?  your browser is
already trying to download and render the page.  You're right, js can't read
your mind, nor can it determine whether you are colour blind or have poor
eyesight.  I like the idea of letting the user choose, but the
practicalities would be difficult.

Would it be possible to have a "gateway page" with various options, say for
blind users, to serve them up the same page in a different format? that
could be achieved with server side code couldn't it?

I don't think that would be possible using client side code? any thoughts?

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.