[thelist] europe domain names

Watkins Matthew matthew at natuzzi.com
Mon Jun 11 06:09:36 CDT 2001

Peter,

Italy has liberalised its domain policy. You don't have to have a server in
Italy for your .it, but there are other restrictions. You can read about
them here: http://www.nic.it/RA/en/index.html

As far as I know both France and Germany required a local contact for the
domain as well as a local server (Belgium has recently relaxed it laws).

The following links might help:
http://www.domain-registry.nl/english.html
http://www.denic.de/index.en.html
http://www.nic.fr/english/