[thelist] Log Off Prob w ASP

Annie annie at twitch.ca
Mon Jun 11 12:39:01 CDT 2001

on our platform we have a 20 minute time limit of inactivity before the user
gets booted off, and we also prevent the same user from signing in
concurrently.

so what happens is if a user exits the browser in any other way besides
using the sign-off link they theoretically will be unable to sign back in
for 20 minutes.

But we have a bug I cannot find: sometimes they hang forever until i
manually boot them off.

Here's my question:
1. Is there any way to have ASP automatically log a user off when the
browser closes? IE and Nets.

2. If not, anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thanks!!

Annie