[thelist] When should you redirect? (was site redirect check)

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin at 123piano.com
Mon Jun 11 15:46:20 CDT 2001

> I'm currently in very early stages of designing a site for a non profit
> group called Sierra Services for the Blind.  I've been reading about all
the
> various visual and other access issues.  I like your idea of a gateway
page.
> If the gateway page is linked to the style page... could users return
there
> and shift from one format to the other,  or would you recommend another
> solution.

I guess there are plenty solutions. This is +- the same problem when doing
multilingual sites.

You could use a cookie and update it if the user change his choice. You
could choose the version based on a directory :

www.site.com/text/site

www.site.com/fullhtml/site

www.site.com/flash/site ...

etc...

You'll probably get better answers than this one...

Philippe