[thelist] Refreshing a part of a page

Subhendu mmamata at eth.net
Tue Jun 12 11:14:45 CDT 2001

Sorry  it is my mistake for not mentioning that I don't want to use frames.
This is also not a good solution as I will be changing three digits inside a
rows of texts. All other parts will be constant and will not be reloading.

Some rows here...........
 This is the fixed portion of the row.  ###  . This is next fixed portion of
the row.
  Another row.....................

Only ### should change.

I have seen this some where just searching for that... That will explain my
requirement.
Regards,
Subhendu Mohapatra
Freelance web designer
 www.plus2net.com

> I know that I will get flamed for this, but in the olden days we used a
small frame which was reloaded with a meta refresh tag. This is still an
*gasp* option...although [disclaimer] I do not recommend the use of frames
anymore. However, I do still see it as appropriate in the proper
circumstance.

> You could also use *can be just as annoying* a small pop-up window that is
refreshed the same way.

> Either of these requires very little to no special scripting and will work
over slow connections where Flash, Shockwave, or Java may be a problem.