[thelist] Netscape JavaScript Problem

Ian Potts ian at centergate.com
Tue Jun 12 11:57:26 CDT 2001

I have a page that requires the user to add multiple entries (and have
the ability to remove them) on the same page without submitting the
page. I am attempting to take what the user supplies, massage the data a
bit, and store it in a hidden field for the following page. I display
what the user has entered in a select box and give them the option to
remove their entries. This all works flawlessly in IE, but Netscape does
not seem to let me update the value of a hidden form field. If the input
type is changed from hidden to text it works fine in Netscape.

You can see what I mean by taking a look at the test page at:
http://members.home.com/ian5411/nsjstest.htm

The Show Hidden Value button will thrown an alert with the value of the
hidden field. This works fine in IE, but netscape reports a blank value
for the field. Is there any way to set the value of the hidden field in
Netscape? I have all the more "complicated" portions of the JavaScript
working, and of course seemingly the simplest task is what gums up the
whole works :)

Any ideas? Thanks In Advance!

Ian Potts - ian at centergate.com
CenterGate Research Group - http://www.centergate.com
"Technology so advanced, even we don't understand it!"