[thelist] Web Stat Software

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Tue Jun 12 15:50:38 CDT 2001

We use the LiveStats package here at work, and for giving the front office
something they can see and play with in real time has been a treat. I
wouldn't use it for hardcore analysis (all pre-packaged reports, very little
tweaking outside of date ranges and groupings and such), but you can define
user groups and get the reports emailed to you and stuff. Great for
executive level reporting. It doesn't seem to really get in the way of the
web server's processing (it runs as a service on NT), and you can grab logs
from multiple places. It recognizes IIS logs easier/better than MS' own
SiteServer Analysis. Go figure.

sgd
--
thinksafely.org