[thelist] Web Stat Software

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Tue Jun 12 16:23:55 CDT 2001

<snip>
Scott...

What would you recommend for hard core analysis?

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys
</snip>

Anthony:

I have no experience with anything else, but we have WebTrends running on
all our servers, and I haven't found anything I wanted to do that it
couldn't. Completely customizable reports (including your choice of HTML or
various MS Office formats) plus extras like drive space alerts for the local
machine and ping checks for http/ftp servers. It can also be set to allow
users to request reports ad hoc (you set 'em up or they request from the
standard list.)

It's not cheap (about $700, unlike Analog, which is free
http://www.analog.cx/  - I've never used it) but it took very very little
thought to get it set up and configured exactly the way I wanted it.

Joel D Canfield
Applications Manager
Magis Networks, Inc.
jcanfield at magisnetworks.com