[thelist] Win 2K Pro vs Server

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Jun 12 22:52:01 CDT 2001

Thanks for the answers Scott and Poojie, although it wasn't what I
wanted to hear. I've been staring at screen for hour.

Does it not seem exactly the OPPOSITE of what should logically be
done if Win 2K Pro is truly designed for developers, but they want to
prevent it from being used as an actual web server? Allowing multiple
simultaneous connections but only one web site? I mean, like raise
your hand if ever have to have more than a single simultaneous
connection to a website on your workstation ... looking pretty empty
out there ... OK, now lets see hands for those that have more than
one web site on your hard drive that you need to frequently
change/edit ... woah.

Now that's innovation for the good of the consumer alright.

Linux becomes more appealing with each breath. It can't be that rough ...
--

- Erik Mattheis

A poltergeist in the flesh.

(612) 827 3963