[thelist] Win 2K Pro vs Server

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Wed Jun 13 12:02:21 CDT 2001

Do you have to load/install/start a service to run the localhost on a Pro
machine?  I can't figure it out, (or is it already running by default)?

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]
On Behalf Of Richard H. Morris
Sent:	Wednesday, June 13, 2001 8:57 AM
To:	thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject:	RE: [thelist] Win 2K Pro vs Server

Erik Mattheis [gozz at gozz.com] asked:

Yes.

I run Win2k Pro and have forty or so web sites on it which I test and
develop locally before uploading to the remote servers.

I don't mess around changing the root directory, just loading
http://localhost/morris or whatever.

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"