[thelist] Win 2K Pro vs Server

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Jun 13 12:13:41 CDT 2001

Brian,

> Do you have to load/install/start a service to run the localhost on a Pro
> machine?  I can't figure it out, (or is it already running by default)?

    IIS is not installed by default. To install it, open Add/Remove Programs
from the Control Panel, click on the Add/Remove Windows Components button in
the left-hand column, and then check the box for Internet Information
Services (IIS). You can alter some of the default options for the install by
clicking on the Details... button. The rest is just clicking a button or
two.

hth,
James Aylard