[thelist] client resusing code/site

Colin Robinson colin.robinson at in-tuition.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 08:57:49 CDT 2001

First of all it would depend on what contract / licence / terms of sale you
have agreed with your client.
In general you do not want to actually sell your code to anyone as this may
limit what code you can write in the future (if they own it then you cant
sell it to anyone else !).
We always retain the intellectual property rights to our code and any other
deliverables and give the client a perpetual licence to use and maintain our
code but only for there own internal business.

Colin Robinson
In-Tuition
www.in-tuition.co.uk