[thelist] home network printing on Mac

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at brown.edu
Thu Jun 14 14:14:08 CDT 2001

At 11:58 AM -0700 6/14/01, Michael McGlynn wrote:
>Is there any software that will let me use on mac as a print server for
>another?
>
>Configuration - G3 233, IMac, Linksys Etherfast 4 port, OLD Apple
>Laserwriter printer connected to the G3 via ethernet. the IMac needs to
>print, but cannot get connectivity to the printer.
>
>Help! (slight emergency)

Why isn't the Laserwriter connected directly to the hub? That should
make the iMac able to see it. Provided the iMac is connected to the
hub, too.

Or, crossover cable from Laserwriter to iMac.

Other than that, transfer files via your network from the iMac to the
G3, and print.

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
julia_frizzell at brown.edu                   http://www.theblackroad.org
glyneth at netspace.org                                      ICQ: 8458071
"No, no, no, it's an omen! It's a higher power, trying to tell me
through bunnies, that we're all gonna die. Oh, God." -- Anya, The Gift