[thelist] webmonkey redesign

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Thu Jun 14 17:10:21 CDT 2001

Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> And who, besides the ad sales force, find an intrusive and annoying
> banner ad that soaks up 20% of the screen real estate attractive?
>
> .djc.

What ad? All I see is a really unattractive white box where an ad might
otherwise be...

It says:

  Not Found

The requested URL
/adi/wm.ln/f;h=web;sz=300x250;tile=1;pos=1;ord=3225416260 was not found
on this server.
Apache/1.3.20 Server at localhost Port 80

heh.

-Bruce

<tip type="basic css">
External style sheets are your friend. Linking to an external style
sheet allows the browser to cache it, which will result in faster
download times for the user. It also keeps your style sheet in one place
so that modifying one file modifies the entire site.

Usage:

Place inside the <head></head> portion of your page
<link href="http://foo.com/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

</tip>