[thelist] screen ocr.. kleptomania alternatives?

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Jun 15 12:25:03 CDT 2001

hi there,
I keep getting sent (digital) comps with the text already flattened,
rasterized.
I had been running a trial copy of Kleptomania (winnt) to capture and
OCR sections of the text on the screeen to avoid re-keying everthing.
but the ocr quality was not that great. Even telling it what font it
was, on non-anti-aliased text I found it made mistakes. (WTF?)
Anyone know any alternatives.. or have better experience with
Kleptomania?

(kleptomania: shareware/demoware at
http://www.structurise.com/kleptomania/index.htm
 great idea, but some disappointing results..)

thanks
Sam