[thelist] Site Stress Tester

Poojie poojie at dccnet.com
Fri Jun 15 15:10:07 CDT 2001

quote:
-----------------------------
The site I'd like to test is on a Unix box, but NT based testers
would
also be helpful.
-----------------------------

I have been searching for something this recently myself and I have
found a few cool programs. Socrates is probably one of the better
ones but it is no longer available on the web (at least that I can
find). I was lucky enough to find someone willing to send a copy to
me though (it is Postcard-Ware, so it was a legal exchange :] ).
That person, btw, was Joshua Chamas who I found through the server
benchmarks on his site ( http://www.chamas.com/bench/index.html ).
I'd be happy to send it to you via email as well (the file is
around 140KB).

Are few others:

http://webperformanceinc.com/
http://www.webforged.net/Typhoon/Typhoon.html