[thelist] Smart Tags: dumb idea

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Jun 15 20:31:37 CDT 2001

>But I still cling to my belief that I'd like to actually SEE the software,
>USE the software, and then FORM my opinion.
>
>Not the reverse order.

This makes sense, but it seems that everyone who has ever breathed an
opinion has one about Smart Tags, almost all negative, and if the
speculation that Microsoft will be inserting their preferred links is
incorrect, you'd think they would have issued a statement to clarify
things.

This is a great and humorous article - also brings up the question of
how different is the concept of Smart Tags from that of Netscape's
"What's Related ..." feature:
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/166676.html
--

- Erik Mattheis