[thelist] Bizarre problem with the directory in Opera 5

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Jun 16 09:14:14 CDT 2001

Hi Everyone,

I've just come across a rather odd problem with the evolt directory
<http://dir.evolt.org/> in Opera and I was wondering if anyone had any
idea what could be wrong.

To see the problem do the following:

1. Surf to dir.evolt.org using Opera 5
2. Type php in the search box and press go. You should get the search
results screen.
3. Now try returning to the top level, by clicking on Top in the
breadcrumbs trail or go via a category or the about page.

When I do the steps listed above I get the search results page rather than
the top level of the directory. Closing the browser and restarting solves
the problem.

My best guess is that it has something to do with Opera's caching of the
page combined with the way it handles the POST data from the
search. Anyone ever come across anything like this?

Simon