[thelist] Search Engine Article From InternetDay

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 08:06:35 CDT 2001

> To generate an Aesop meta tag
> >you have to give them your email. Ouch. Me thinks it's just a rather lame
> >marketing campaign.
>
> Agree. Besides, don't forget that Aesop was a famous writer of ... fables.

Has anyone actually tried using it to find anything? I typed in
"microsoft" and got one match from a microsoft site in the first 100
results - www.microsoft.com/italy (in Italian) at number five.

What a joke of a search engine - I sincerely hope no-one is actually
trying to use this thing to find information.

<tip type="unix command" author="Simon Coggins">

Under unix, type the command:

ls -lt | head

to see a list of the most recently modified files.

</tip>

Simon