FrontPage Server Extensions - are they REALLY necessary? (was RE: [thelist] MS Visual Studio & IIS Woes)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Tue Jun 19 16:48:16 CDT 2001

Hi Joel,

I hear ya!  I hear ya!   I'd love to stay away from these things too!

Unfortunately, it's not my call this time   ;-(

It's a "politics" thang.  This is for a machine in my office.

I've kinda been drafted to "touch up" the boss's boss's site ... which is
owned by some folks who are "requiring" access to the code through Visual
InterDev and Visual Source Safe... with modifications tested on your local
machine - hence the need to set it up "their" way.

... and so it goes ...

RonL.

BTW - I finally stopped over at spinhead ... needs a "friendly photo", dude!
Hey - maybe we can both swipe Gina's picture!    ;-)   Shhhh - don't tell
her!

... and in atonement
<tip type="python" author="RonL.">
You can't ever have too much documentation, now can you?

Check out the Python cookbook over at
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python

It's a collaboration between ActiveState and O'Reilly.  (That's enough to
make it worth checking out right there!)

While you're there - pick up Python and take a testdrive!
</tip>