[thelist] Passing URL Value

Clara Gruen clara at gradschools.com
Wed Jun 20 15:17:11 CDT 2001

On my company's website, we have an inquiry system for students to send a
profile to an institution they are applying to.  The system has multiple
steps to it and once the student completes the steps and sends the inquiry,
the continue button takes them back to the page they came from.  An example
of this can be seen at:
http://www.gradschools.com/listings/east/animal_east.html

The system starts by clicking one of the email links in the program
descriptions.

All of our databases right now are in File Maker Pro and are in the process
of being converted to DB2 but this is being done in pieces.  The inquiry
system is the first to move with the actual content being moved in a few
months.  Right now, we use a plug-in program (FlexMail) to pass the URL of
the referring page through the system.

The question:  is there a javascript or some other easy way to capture the
URL of a referring page so that it can be passed to the next page where the
inquiry system starts?  I hope that makes sense.  Thanks for the help!

-Clara

Clara Gruen
Product Manager, Gradschools.com
http://www.gradschools.com
1450 Edgmont Avenue
Suite #140
Chester, PA  19013  USA
phone: 1-610-499-9200  fax: 1-610-499-9205
toll free: 1-877-4040-EDU
email: clara at gradschools.com