[thelist] image ready 2/3

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Wed Jun 20 16:30:31 CDT 2001

>>> Does anyone know a way to export/copy the slice information
>>> from one file to another?
>>
>> If you are using fireworks, or image ready or whatever, I think
>> you can delete all the images and save the file with only the
>> slices, and name it something like *template_blank*.
>>
> but how do I get my new comp... into this template?

In Fireworks, just copy that "Web Objects" layer from one document to the
other... you can transfer slicing patterns from file to file. (Associated
URLs and custom slice compression will be retained.) No "template" file is
needed in that approach, just copy the slices.

If you're only in ImageReady, then my memory is that this path may work:

1)  Copy everything from "content" document.

2)  Save-as the "slices" document under a new name.

3)  Select-all content in "slices" and paste.

Result: You're copying the content into the slices, rather than the slices
into the content.

> Actually if I could convert the slices into an image map....

In Fireworks, select slices, choose "Insert > Hotspot", and it will ask you
if you want a single hotspot for all selections, or one hotspot per
selected object.

jd