[thelist] The Saga Continues: States issue warning to Microso ft.. (was 'Smart Tags Not')

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Thu Jun 21 12:15:48 CDT 2001

I've got very limited desk space and the need to run 4 OSs (MacOS 9,
MacOS X, Win 98, RedHat Linux). I dual boot a mac powerbook and a compaq
desktop. I got myself a USB keyboard and mouse and a Dr. Botts USB
MoniSwitch. Very cool. I have one monitor ( a beaut of a ViewSonic VG150
LCD) and one keyboard and mouse. I can switch from one box to the other
with zero problem and use the same monitor, keyboard, and mouse for any
OS. They hotswitch just fine, no need to reboot.

Plus, for networking, I've gone wireless with the Airport BaseStation,
and Airport Card for the Powerbook and a Lucent for the Win98/Linux box.
Using regular Windows filesharing protocol I can move files with a
little piece of software called Sharity (available at Tucows, for OS X)
and there's something called DAVE, I believe, for OS 9, if you need it.

-j