[thelist] Inexpensive E-Commerce

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Fri Jun 22 09:58:23 CDT 2001

> From: "Norman Beresford" <n.beresford at anansi.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [thelist] Inexpensive E-Commerce

> She goes
> to a secure server to enter her CC details, which are then sent in an
> encrypted email (using aspEncrypt - we're a M$ shop) to the fulfilment
> house/shop keeper.  Who can then do what they like with them.
>
> So my suggetion is go for 5a.

Interesting.

What happens if their mail server is down and the email gets bounced? What
happens if the house/shop keeper accidently deletes an email?

I'm not being difficult. I'm curious if you have backup plans for these
situations. The first question is the reason I've never gone this route
(though the second question has just as much validity).

Thanks,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com