[thelist] Inexpensive E-Commerce

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Fri Jun 22 11:01:28 CDT 2001

> From: "Beau Hartshorne" <beau at members.evolt.org>
> Subject: RE: [thelist] Inexpensive E-Commerce
>

> Well, if the mail gets bounced, we have to trust that the PGP encryption
> will keep the information safe.

But, they lose the order and never know about it, right?

> If they accidentally delete their email,
> then they lose the order.

Ouch.

> What route would you normally take?

Web-based admin section on a secure server.

> And how is
> someone less likely to accidentally delete an order in this system?

They *can't* delete an order unless they somehow get direct access to the
database. I NEVER delete orders. They can be "deleted" by the shop owner,
but that simply hides it from view in the admin section (IOW, it's still in
the database if they really need it).

Thanks,

--
mattwarden