[thelist] [OT] New Firmware & noncompliant memory

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at brown.edu
Fri Jun 22 12:35:58 CDT 2001

At 10:13 AM -0700 6/22/01, Cayley Vos wrote:
>I just installed the firmware 4.1 update on my G4 and now it refuses
>to recognize my memory.  I've
>heard of this before, but didn't think I had subpar memory.  The
>only options are to try to get
>money back from the manufacturer or try to downgrade the firmware.
>Anyone have expereince here?
>
>  let this be a warning to those in search of cheap ram - Apple wont
>let you get away with it.

There's a whole issue here, and it's not necessarily cheap RAM, but
RAM that is not up to the specs it's supposed to be.

http://www.macintouch.com/firmwareramprob.html

Most memory vendors are offering trade-ins, so you can get the right
RAM. Find your invoice and email the place you got the RAM from.

We've had no problems with our upgrades.

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
julia_frizzell at brown.edu                   http://www.theblackroad.org
glyneth at netspace.org                                      ICQ: 8458071
Barrayar             http://www.dendarii.demon.co.uk/FanFic/haiku.html
Marriage brings stresses;                                           by
So often, by tradition,                                       Nicholas
Wives shop to relax.                                             Rosen