[thelist] Practices: -- What tools are best for Technical Document Creation

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Fri Jun 22 15:48:32 CDT 2001

On Friday, June 22, 2001, at 04:26 PM, Bryce Johnson wrote:

> I would appreciate any insight into these tools or any other ones.

Before my Web days I was a pretty heavy Framemaker user. It's a pretty
remarkable product for long technical documents, had some amazing
features. It's got a pretty steep learning curve, and I wouldn't want to
teach an entire office staff to use it. Aint cheap. But worth serious
consideration.

If you wanted to get all crazy, you could start with Frame+SGML, add all
that good semantic stuff to your resume.

-j