[thelist] IUSR_machinename - is it part of 'everyone' group?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jun 22 17:39:28 CDT 2001

At 03:14 PM 6/22/2001, you wrote:
>Any advanced NT sysadmins out there? I've got a user running a perl script
>on a Win2K box. From the DOS prompt we can do this
>
>dir \\server\share
>
>and it works, but his script, running in the browser, gets denied
>permission. The folder in question is read only to the everyone group, but
>I'm under the impression the anonymous web browser account isn't really part
>of the everyone group. Is that correct?

Are you trying to connect to a share point on the same machine that is
running the web service?
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys

Blatant Plug: Cool Jazz for a hot summer,
     http://LisaMarie.Baratta.com