[thelist] Web Stat Software = NetTracker

Thomas evolt at stuph.com
Sat Jun 23 16:02:20 CDT 2001

>> From: "Justin"
>> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001
>> Subject: [thelist] Web Stat Software
>>
>> stats.  The two I've seen and read the most about are Media House's
>> "LiveStats" and Exody's WebSuxess 4.  Anyone have any experience

<tip type="Web Stat Software">

[[WebTrends ]]
These guys have been around forever and have a whole range of
packages to choose from. This "works just fine." It's more resource
intensive than a "simple" report generation tool. (Analog or similar)

[[ LiveStats ]]
Visually, it looks impressive, but the features and functionality
are about the same as WebTrends.

[[NetTracker ]]
This is what you want. It lets you drill down into the stats the way
you could if you spent $30k on Accrue Insight (HitList). It costs
more than WebTrends/LiveStats ... but you get what you pay for.

[[ Disclaimer ]]
I've installed, evaluated, and (ab)used all three as well as Analog.

</tip>