[thelist] combining scripts popups and tooltips

Kevin krr at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 23 23:39:56 CDT 2001

I would like to combine the effects of one script and use
them in conjunction with another.

I have an image map, When I mouseOver any of the
Hot Spots I would Like the image to load into a popup
window similar to a tool tip window. The major reason
for this is that the image map has hot spots along browser
windows edge. And the effect of the larger image off the
mouse cursor really would make a difference.

I have a copy of this script from http://www.bratta.com
that is a great example of using the tool tips. I also have
another script that I use to create popup windows for
images using the onClick event handler.

The popup windows pass the image file and the window
name to the function and load it into the popup.

Now for the main event! ....

I would like to pass the names of the images from the href
tag to a function to load them into the layers created in the
tool tip script and then load the full size image into a full
screen window using the onClick event.

The last part is pretty much done, I just need to figure out why
my image file names isn't passed the way it should.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tool Tips "Bratta.Com" http://home.netcom.com/~krr/toolTips.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The popup script:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <!--
var newWindow = null
var newContent =""
function makeNewWindow(file,name) {
 newWindow = window.open("","","fullscreen,scroll=yes")
}
function subWrite() {
    if (newWindow && !newWindow.closed)newWindow.close();

  makeNewWindow();
  }
 newContent+= '<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text\/javascript">\n\n'
 newContent+= '<!-- \n'
 newContent+= 'function closeMe() {\n'
 newContent+= ' window.close();\n'
 newContent+= ' }\n\n'
 newContent+= '//-->\n'
 newContent+= '<\/SCRIPT>\n'
 newContent+= '<\/head>\n\n<body bgcolor="purple">\n\n'
 newContent+= '<a href="javascript:(0)void" onClick="closeMe()">\n'
 newContent+= '\n\n'

 newWindow.document.open();
 newWindow.document.write(newContent);
 newWindow.document.close() // close layout stream
 newWindow = null
 // reset newWindow value to null, this is necesary to allow the window to
be reopened
}
    -- ></script>
</head>
onClick="subWrite('contactSheet1.jpg','newWindow')">
click here
</a>