[thelist] More Smart Tags

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 02:23:50 CDT 2001

actually, on reflection this whole debate is nonsense and highlights
further the way we divide humanity
(Religion, Colour, Nationality, Microsoft supporter/hater etc)

Smart tags are just another diversion.

It's all about trust, really.

Since I can't really trust anything I see or read, particularly on the
'Net I'll just add smart tags to the list of things to be treated with
care.

I'm glad there was a fuss though, since I believe that Microsoft would
have shipped software with smart tags on by default and without identity
and without instruction on how to turn them off.

The fuss means we are assured that they will be off and we can choose
which sites will allow them.

I'm unhappy about who gets to provide the information, but that's the
way life is.

The rich and powerful can manipulate the innocent against the common
good.

I think that's evil.