[thelist] More Smart Tags

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 09:26:06 CDT 2001

> would you say that same if it Netscape?  you might say yes, but I
> think we're all letting our distaste for MS, and it's other
> presence in
> other markets, taint our perspectives here...

Now there's a thought.

What do you think Microsoft will do when their competition start
publishing smart tags and the Microsoft site is a purple squiggly mass
of tags to....... (just who is their competition anyway?)

I'm gonna set up a Linux recogniser!

I don't think the anti smart tags is anti MS I think it's anti
monolithic corporate control.

What's the lists view on the other thorny issue of IE6.0 - the attitude
to Graphic theft?

<quote>
Like a picture? Grab it!
It's easier than ever to save, e-mail, and print pictures that you find
on Web pages. Access and organize your saved pictures anytime in the My
Pictures folder!

The Image Toolbar feature allows you to quickly and easily save, e-mail,
and print pictures that you find on Web pages. You can view all your
saved pictures in the My Pictures folder. When you point to pictures on
Web pages, the My Pictures toolbar appears, giving you instant access to
My Pictures functions.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/preview/imgtoolbar/default.asp

</quote>

One more cool new technology to switch off?