Saving Pictures (was Re: [thelist] More Smart Tags)

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Mon Jun 25 10:05:26 CDT 2001

Two different conversations going on here:

1. Technical discussion re: does all of this violate the protection of
intellectual property.
2. Gut-feeling discussion of, is Microsoft doing something wrong here?

re: 1 - I Am Not A Lawyer (hereinafter 'IANAL' [doesn't that work out
nice?]) but I don't think saying 'easy' is the same as saying 'legal, moral,
correct'
re: 2 - Yes, you're right; if they say it's easy, many will assume that
they're saying it's okay. My wholehearted condolences to anyone who uses
Microsoft as their moral touchstone.

No argument here; I was thinking from the technical perspective.

spinhead