[thelist] More Smart Tags

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 10:10:31 CDT 2001

> Aren't we just retrying Napster here? [or handguns or alcohol
> or whatever
> your personal Satan is]
>
> The tool isn't evil because it's used for bad purposes. The
> tool creator
> isn't evil because it's possible to use the tool for bad purposes.

I'm glad I'm not at the beginning of my career, that's all.

If I'm reading this thread correctly, you're saying that because we
accept bad stuff already a little bit more bad stuff won't hurt?

A major player like Microsoft is behaving irresponsibly, and that's
okay?

How will the children know what intellectual property means?

How will they know the differece between what's mine and what's yours
and when they can just take it and when they shouldn't?

One day, you'll all be able to look back and see what happened here at
the beginning of the 21st century when we used "cry freedom!" to take it
away.

Computers make loads of stuff easy. When will a "hack the bank" button
bar be okay? IE7.0?

Somebody has to take responsibility, or am I just too damn old?