[thelist] PDF 403 error

Bart Posselt BPOSSELT at dineout.org
Mon Jun 25 14:28:19 CDT 2001

Well, I just ran into a weird problem that I hope someone on the list can help with. When trying to open any and all pdfs on my site, regardless of directory, I get a 403 error. Other people are getting different results, like the popup download prompt in IE instead of automatically opening in the browser. When I use SSL to get to the file, it works fine. The problem is I haven't changed anything that would cause this to happen, it was working fine Friday, and according to the logs it was working fine yesterday.

Any ideas? The server is IIS 4.0. If you want to see an example, try http://www.restaurant.org/pdfs/toolkit_booklet.pdf.

TIA,
Bart

Bart Posselt