[thelist] SSI And Keyword Meta-Tags

J. Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Tue Jun 26 08:33:10 CDT 2001

-----
My question to you is: Aren't Keywords page-specific?

Unless you did something like
<!--#include virtual="/includes/generickeywords.inc" -->
where generickeywords.inc contains comma separated generic keywords obviously.
-----

You're right, they are page specific to a point. We will have groups of pages and will be doing something such as this...

Individual product/service pages will have keywords inserted from the product/service database via ASP...
Groups of pages (i.e. steam widgets) would have an include file about that group...
Generic keywords would also have their own include file.
So you get...

pagespecifickeyword1,pagespecifickeyword2,
<!--#include virtual="/includes/groupkeywords.inc" -->,
<!--#include virtual="/includes/generickeywords.inc"-->"

..being mindful of punctuation. I do know that this works, the page has all of the proper keywords. We often modify keyword lists by having new words that are applicable and words that become depricated, which is inherently part of the verticle market in which our products and services exist. Being able to do include files would greatly increase efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness.

Thanks!

Jay Blanchard
Thermon Industries, Inc.
1.800.820.HEAT x327

<thanks>It is great to have this list available as I am the only web guy on the staff of a corporation who must where many hats. Thanks to all for contributions, discussions, and humor. Its like having a group of consultants sitting in your office.</thanks>