[thelist] ASP COM error

evolt@spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Tue Jun 26 11:06:51 CDT 2001

Nuked and rebuilt my intranet web server. Re-created the DLL for our PO
application, but I'm getting this error from anywhere EXCEPT THE CONSOLE. If
I'm sitting at the server, it works fine. Even via Terminal Services, I get
this error:

Server object, ASP 0177 (0x8000401A)
The server process could not be started because the configured identity is
incorrect. Check the username and password.

I've checked permissions on c:\winnt, c:\winnt\system32, the folder where
the DLL lives, c:\Program Files\Common  - Everyone and IUSR_machinename
explicitly have read/execute permissions all these places. IUSR_machinename
has log on locally rights.

It still seems to be a permissions issue, but I just can't see where. I'm
about to give Everyone full control of the whole darn drive just to prove
whether or not it's a permissions thing.

Any ideas?

spinhead