[thelist] Re: Smart Tags- Go on the offensive, not defensive

bliss at wolfenet.com bliss at wolfenet.com
Tue Jun 26 12:06:54 CDT 2001

> > Best way to go on the offensive:
> >
> > http://counter.li.org/
> >
> > - Erik Mattheis
> >
> > Weaning self off M$.

While that may be one <pathetically partial> solution to the matter Erik, I fail
to see how such action could be viewed as an "offensive" rather than a
"defensive" move.

That's like meekly gathering up one's toys 'cause some power-happy bully
has taken over the sandbox and grabbed everbody's marbles (site content) to
play with as he pleases (nay, sell to the highest bidder).  Indeed, make that -
the bully won't even let you leave with your own toys...

IOW... imhview - this is an IP tampering matter of colossal proportions, and
the "sandbox" - our collective one 'n only Web.

dyanne