[thelist] onMouseOver to trigger flash movie

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Jun 26 13:38:26 CDT 2001

First, a dumb question ... is there a compelling reason to use
frames? There are a few extremely compelling reasons to make the
whole thing one Flash movie: It won't crash some of your visitors'
browsers and it would be loads easier to develop, as you would seem
to agree.

If it absolutely has to be frames, the best way to do it
unfortunately would be FSCommand ... I'd just create your dots as
movieclips with an empty first frame and use the FSCommand
TGotoAndStop() to tell the target(s) to go to a frame that showed the
dot. ... feel free to rip off my cross frame FSCommand thing at
http://www.radiosavant.com/ - the FSCommands are in the top
navigation frame and the frames with all those crazy radios - you
have to view it in a Windows browser to get the source - I don't give
them to Mac browsers ... too likely to crash.

--

- Erik Mattheis

Weaning self off M$.
Learning Linux,.