[thelist] More E-Commerce Questions (Liability, Encryption)

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Tue Jun 26 16:20:46 CDT 2001

Martin wrote:
> >So what would your average freelance programmer need to keep their butt
> >covered when developing any type of e-commerce site? I don't want to be
> >carrying liability insurance for the rest of my life, worrying about a
> >dozen e-commerce sites that I've developed that one day may be somehow
> >hacked.
>
> Sorry, Beau - liability insurance is a must. eCommerce is big stakes
> stuff where mistakes are very obvious.
>
> Me? I wouldn't touch it as a freelancer.

I'm late to the party on this discussion (sorry) but it seems to me that
in contracts for work developed there are limits to liability set there.
Maybe an obvious point, but worth noting.

It seems to me the magazine WebTechniques
<http;//www.webtechniques.com/> talked about insurance for web work some
months back. Some mentions here:
http://www.webtechniques.com/archives/2001/03/jones/ .

	- Joe
--
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com \\ http://www.avencom.com