[thelist] Inserting m1v into web page?

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Wed Jun 27 03:59:00 CDT 2001

Hello all,

Never having done this before, I'm having trouble inserting a short video
into a web page.  I figured that I could just link it using an <a> tag, and
that the browser would then sort out what to open it with (eg realplayer,
quicktime, whatever).

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to work - the video works fine for some
browser/os but chokes on others.  Could it be the .m1v extension?  I looked
this up and it is apparently a MPEG extension.

the actual code I used was :

The video is a home video of a mine blast, and I don't appear to have any
software that will allow me to open this and save it as something else.
Would an .avi work more consistently?

Any suggestions on how to reformat this video or how to make it work more
consistently would be appreciated.

Mark Cheng
Financial Controller
Ranger Minerals Ltd
Phone 08 9364 8355

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.