[thelist] Writing and Retrieving info from COM objects using Cold Fusion

Matt Mozer matthewmozer at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 16:40:16 CDT 2001

I am trying to write and query information from a COM object. The COM object
has been written in Delphi and is in the form of a exe., or a dll but most
likely a dll. I am wondering if all I need to do is define the object,
<cfobject ="com"> and then write from a form post information to the COM
object. I am hoping I can do the same when I need to query and display
information from the object. Basically, it is as simple and querying a DB
except that it is a COM object. Does anyone know what I need to do to
accomplish this?  Thank You in advance.