[thelist] Wanted: the definitive fool-proof mouseover JavaScript

Paola Kathuria paola at limitless.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 18:38:51 CDT 2001

James Aylard wrote:
> > ... And since this new script
> > stops IE3 error messages with only an extra 30 bytes (compared
> > to testing for document.images), I think it's a better
> > alternative.
>
> I'm not sure I understand why testing for document.images would make
> your script larger than it currently is.

Indeed, it doesn't.  That's why I said it's an extra 30
bytes compared to testing for document.images

> If you're really interested in conserving every
> byte possible, replace your spaces with tabs -- in terms of byte size, one
> tab = one space.

I'm not, but that's still a neat idea.  The server-side
environment I'm using automagically strips out leading and
trailing white space as well as blank lines from generated
pages, so I don't need to worry about the impact on
download time of indentation in source files.

Paola