[thelist] javascript://

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Jun 27 18:59:11 CDT 2001

At 04:40 PM 6/27/2001, you wrote:

>maybe you're paying the price for breaking accessibility guidelines by
>making the form unusable to those without js?  *grin*

This site is so far gone in the direction of completely worthless without
JS turned on, one more JS enabled link is not going to make a difference. ;-)

>for reasons i'm sure you already know, i'm going to suggest that you don't
>use a normal hyperlink to submit a form.  do you really need buckets of bad
>web karma?

Part of the issue with JS activated links with this site is the
"designer's" insistence that ALL buttons roll over. Even the form submit
buttons. Since Netscape 4.x does not support image roll overs for input
type images, we are stuck with HREF and Javascript.

Our user base is pretty tightly defined, and the client is well aware that
we are shutting out "some" users - but seriously, considering the site's
clientele we are not shutting out more than one half of one percent of the
users.

It's bad enough we have to code for Mac/Win Netscape (4,6) & Mac/Win IE
(4,5) as well as AOL. Having to support anymore than that would kill this
project and it brings in good money. Dollars are such a good motivator. ;-)
----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys