[thelist] designed challenged

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Thu Jun 28 09:46:04 CDT 2001

Tina wrote:
>HI,
I>'m new to the list and came in on this discussion.  I teach graphic design
>and web design and typography.  When it comes to the web, Verdana will
>always look better on the screen than Arial or Helvetica.  That's because
>Verdana (sans-serif font) and Georgia (serif font) were designed
As was Arial
>specifically for legibility on the screen.

Lol.  Yours is an opinion only!
I, amongst others, feel that Arial is easier on the eyes than verdana in the
large sizes.
As to working on MAC and Sun workstations, we have the luxury of not giving
a crap.  The products we peddle are not designed for that and depend on you
running on an MS platform to begin with.  So we don't care if MAC or Sun
users have trouble with the web site.

Brian W. King