[thelist] onMouseOver to trigger flash movie

Kristina Floyd kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 10:02:04 CDT 2001

Erik,

  Okay I admit I am totally lost & totally confused about how to do this....

EM> unfortunately would be FSCommand ... I'd just create your dots as
EM> movieclips with an empty first frame and use the FSCommand
EM> TGotoAndStop() to tell the target(s) to go to a frame that showed the
EM> dot. ... feel free to rip off my cross frame FSCommand thing at
EM> http://www.radiosavant.com/ - the FSCommands are in the top

i have changed the idea a bit, so that the dot works using x,y
positioning, hopefully this will mean i will only need one dot!

my problem is i really don't have a clue how to write the actionscript
to make it all work.

at the moment for brevity's sake i have used two frames one with the
link in and the other with the movie in -
pollack.eddystone.com/wip/xymovie.htm - & u will see my Very poor
efforts at trying to do this ;o\

at the moment the dot is moved by typing numbers into the two input
boxes - which i'm hoping eventually will be hidden and a variable will
be passed to and ouila!

if you could possibly give me some idea about where & how i'm going wrong in
the code

any/all help will be hugely appreciated

--
bfn