[thelist] javascript://

Ornstein, Ian IanOrnstein at NC.SLR.com
Thu Jun 28 10:17:54 CDT 2001

I thought we had all agreed to use HREF="JavaScript:void(0);"

Ian Ornstein - Programmer and Web Developer
IBM Global Services, Global AMS Delivery
(704) 509-8022

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron_Senykoff/BEA at beaerospace.com
[mailto:Ron_Senykoff/BEA at beaerospace.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 5:23 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] javascript://

<snip>
That was my guess as well.  In situations like this I typically will use
HREF="#" OnClick="whatever();"
</snip>

The href="#" can cause problems... I remember encountering it a while back
but can't remember why other than I had trouble with Netscape DOM vs IE.
I solved it (with help from MonkeyJunkies) by doing

-Ron S.